Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Adriano Zumbo Eurasian Collection

My Zumbo haul:

The current collection is Eurasian

don the pandan man - I love pandan, lime and coconut so this was a major win for me with pan mousse, pandan financier, kaffir lime and coconut crunch, coconut kaffir lime dacquoise, pandan toasted brulee and rice pudding

This is from the regular items - tarte au citron, I was craving a lemon tart so I had to get this as well, it really hit the spot with the tangy lemon curd and buttery base

Macarons, macarons and more macarons!

Strawberries and cream

Vanilla

Pandan

Salted Butter Caramel - one of my favourites, I was so disappointed that they didn't have palm sugar that day I went, but at least they had salted butter caramel mmmmm

Black Sesame, Licorice and Lime

Satay

Kaffir lime and ginger - This one was amazing! I was a bit :/ about the ginger, but it wasn't overpowering at all - I wish I had gotten more of these!

Chestnut and Mint

Raspberry and pistachio bar

The girl that served me said that this was amazing, I haven't tried it yet, but she was so enthusiastic about it, so I'm sure it's fantastic... 

Eclasian - Strawberry jelly, creme fraiche legere, sake soaked strawberries and choux pastry eclair

With a sexy lady on top for good measure!

Enter the dragon - toasted white chocolate mousse, coriander cremeaux, peanut caramel, dried chilli sable and almond sponge. This was another one that sounded weird, but it was actually amazing - I loved the sweet crunch of the peanut caramel... and those who have coriander issues, it was barely detected!

Chocolate surprise - Chocolate sable shell, chocolate cremeaux, liquid chocolate centre, raspberries and chocolate mousse - pretty pillowy clouds of chocolate with an awesome liquid centre and raspberries, yum!

Cocoon - Chocolate sphere, banana caramel and milk chocolate chantilly, coconut foam mousse with a banana creameux - so cute!!
Adriano Zumbo Patisserie on Urbanspoon

7 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

Love the colours on the black sesame, liquorice and lime macaron! Not a big fan of liquorice but so drawn in by the colour =p

sugarpuffi said...

macarons!!!! do u know that maemae (passionatemae) works at zumbo as a pastry chef?

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Haha I had no idea he had an Euraisan collection out! I must visit based purely on that! :D I wonder who that woman is on the eclair? A random pic or someone he knows?

retrodaze said...

Wow those flavours look amazing!! And I love pandan, I want to try that cake!

Erika said...

Yum, would eat everything in this post. The raspberry and pistacho bar looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

The woman on the eclair is Misa Campo, a Eurasian model :)

missklicious said...

Rita - I'm not a fan of liquorice either, but the taste wasn't that strong. A lot of the flavours sound a bit strange actually, but when you try them it's actually quite nice and subtle!

sugarpuffi - macaron love! I didn't know that! That's soo cool :)

Lorraine - hehe go go go!

retrodaze - It was very good - I love pandan too!

Erika - It had pop rocks which was very cool!!

Anon - Thanks :)