Saturday, 6 August 2011

Luxbite - South Yarra, Melbourne

On my last day in Melbourne, Luxbite was on my hit list. After reading a few blog posts raving that Luxbite had some of the best macarons and cakes around, I just had to try!


Unfortunately we rocked up quite late after sleeping in for most of the day, so lunchtime was over, which meant we couldn't try the delicious sounding savouries (next time!)

So we settled for a couple of cakes and coffees



I had a hard time choosing, they all sounded amazing!

And of course, I had to buy the macarons...



My pick me up for the day before some last minute Melbourne shopping

Meringue Monster (cutest name ever!) - this was really interesting with white chocolate, strawberry and watermelon mousse

Caramel cravings - this was really good, like a decadant caramel slice with a salted caramel macaron for good measure

And my takeaway goodies that I took back to Sydney

Macarons galore - I pretty much got one of each that was available

Pretty colours




Strawberry cream

Silician pistachio

Peanut butter and jelly

Rose and lychee

O O Oreo

Creme brulee - this one is amazing!! One of my faves

Mandarin and saffron

Passionfruit

Kaffir lime

Chocolate freckle - another fave!! 

The macarons definitely live up to all the raves!

38 Toorak Road
South Yarra VIC 3141
Ph: +61 398 675 888

Open Wed - Mon, 8 am - 8pm

8 comments :

MissPiggy said...

I've heard so many good things about the Macarons here - lucky you getting to try them all!

Lily said...

YUM YUM YUM YUM. why we don't have this in sydney!? I'll never know. but it reminds me of A.Zumbos' place!

Jaztee said...

They are all so delicate and pretty! I love how they were packaged... drooling over the peanut butter one, mmm.

Vivian - vxdollface said...

making me jelly :P

Corrina said...

Wowowowowow! Those desserts look incredible and those macarons!! They look absolutely amazing!

sugarpuffi said...

so much sweet goodness! im so jealous

missklicious said...

MissPiggy - They were very good, and interesting flavours too!

Lily - It does have a Zumbo feel to it with the unique flavours and everything (probably not as wild as Zumbo's combinations though!)

Jaztee - They were delicious!

Vivian - Wish we had one here in Sydney!

Corrina - The desserts were fantastic!

sugarpuffi - Melb trip :P

Restaurant In Melbourne said...

Hi
Excellent information about melbourne restaurant i like it
last minute deals melbourne