Thursday, 25 August 2011

Miss Chu - Darlinghurst, Sydney

On one rainy Sunday the housemate and I went to watch a movie at Broadway - we had a bit of time before the movie so we decided to swing past Miss Chu for some rice paper rolls and dumplings.

Blink and you'll miss it cute little tuckshop front scattered with mismatched chairs 

I gravitated toward getting the roast duck and banana flower rolls - hard to choose as they all sound yummo!

Scallop and prawn dumplings - they were sooo good, and totally hit the spot for the dreary, cold weather

Washed down with a coconut juice - I liked the look of the slushies, will be getting one of those next time!

I was still feeling peckish after those two items so I got these Shanghai pork dumplings as well... 

And this black sticky rice and custard dessert - don't be deceived by the tiny box, it was SO filling!

Corner of Bourke and Williams Street
Darlinghurst NSW
Ph: (02) 8356 9988
Open 11am - 9pm


Miss Chu on Urbanspoon

10 comments :

MissPiggy said...

I LOVE Miss Chus (the Coconut Slushi is pretty great by the way, and the duck pancakes too). I need to revist SOON!

Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet said...

There is a place called Happy Little Dumplings here that goes to markets, this has made me want to try them even more. The scallop and prawn ones at Miss Chus sound delish.

Ramen Raff said...

I would devour those scallop & prawn dumplings in the blink of an eye!

Vivian - vxdollface said...

I love that coconut drink! I used to buy it all the time, no idea why I ever stopped.
What's a banana flower? Sounds pretty lol

panda said...

i really want to come here! everything looks so tasty!

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

The sticky rice dessert looks huge!

mashi said...

Everything looks delicious, I'm definitely going to make the effort to visit Miss Chu :)

missklicious said...

MissPiggy - I need to try the coconut slushie!! I was tempted but it was way too freezing that day. It's on my list for next time - hopefully a balmy summer day!

Linda - I love dumplings! They were sooo good.

Ramen Raff - Hahaha, that's pretty much what I did!

Vivian - I have one in my freezer at the moment! Haha The banana flower just tasted like fancy salad to me

panda - You should pay them a visit!!

Rita - It wasn't massive but it was very filling. I was full for the rest of the day because of it!

mashi - Worth the visit :)

Shanshan said...

I jogged past this cafe during City to Surf, those scallop and prawn dumplings looks like a winner for my stomach!

makeup artist in Sydney said...

nice one