Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Macau Eats

I always enjoy heading over to Macau because of all the fantastic food on offer.  I arrived in Macau after holidaying in Europe, and stayed for around 5 days - I tried to pack as much tasty food in as I could!

One of my favourite dishes - Portuguese baked chicken, a dish that always demands rice to soak up all that creamy sauce.

Yum cha is always on the hit list when on a HK/Macau trip:

Deep fried milk custard

Fried bean curd roll

Malay steamed sponge cake

One of my favourite dishes - Rice noodle roll with XO sauce 

Fried fish balls

Mini egg tarts

On the day I arrived back from Europe, I was pretty jet-lagged so we had lunch at this little cafe nearby:

Pokka Cafe

They had a pretty cool selection of snacks and drinks

Shame I had to save myself for a massive family dinner that night, otherwise I would have ordered more!

Drinks selection



Salmon rice paper rolls

Sesame dream

Hokkaido milk coffee

Mango frappe

This was what I was saving myself for :P Definitely the highlight of the night - sweet, crispy suckling pig. It was freakin' awesome!

It was my aunt's birthday so we had these peach 'long life' buns - I was stuffed by this point so it was struggle town finishing it...


Managed to get my sushi fix too whilst I was there

Mango and pomelo dessert - so refreshing!

Fish ball noodle soup

Iced horlicks - I always get this whenever I'm at a 'cha chaan teng' 

And of course, you can't visit Macau without eating their pork chop buns

6 comments :

Nic@diningwithastud said...

Oh wow the steamed sponge looks light as air!! Perfect :)

sugarpuffi said...

omg deep fried milk!!! i havent had them for years!

Dolly said...

Deep fried milk custard


OMG I WANT TO TRY!!!!

SneakyLily said...

Omg it all looks so good! Pork chop bun, sesame shake wow. Cant wait till CNY rolls round so i can have some crispy pork :D

arsyparsy said...

Omg so many sweets!! Yummm!
Wow yumcha over there sells so many different things from my one,
my local yumcha is so boring!

missklicious said...

Nic - It was very fluffy!

sugarpuffi - sooooo good hehe, anything deep fried is

Dolly - You should try! Not sure if they have it at yum cha places here though

SneakyLily - suckling pig is so awesome... you have to be fast for the crispy skin though hehe

arsyparsy - yeah, the yum chas here don't have as much variety!