Friday, 28 October 2011

Trevi Fountain - Rome, Italy

Trevi Fountain the next stop on my Europe trip and it was perfect - amazing architecture and gelato in the beautiful Italian summer sun. 

The Trevi Fountain - one of the most famous fountains in the world, standing 26 metres high - an estimated 3,000 euros are thrown in every day (crazy!!) with the traditional legend being that if you throw a coin in, you are ensured a return to Rome.

So I guess I'll be returning one day, soon I hope! 

Gelato time!


Awesome on a hot day



6 comments :

Beauty Snippets said...

Argh! I am so jealous!! I dream of heading to Italy one day especially for the food and the history.

That gelato just looks delicious.

la said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dolly said...

yumm gelato...

im guessing it beats gelato messina anyday?

i want to go to italy!

AiRene said...

great post! italy is one of my fave country, and have the best gelatto ice cream ever!


ps. my blog celebrates one year, and having a giveaway contest. If you want to join, here´s the link,

http://stylememoirbyair.blogspot.com/

Nic@diningwithastud said...

OMG I went to that exact gelato place when we were there :) haha! It was such a scorcher so gelato was the perfect fix!

panda said...

i was here probably a week after you. just catching up on blogs and looking at a few of your posts, looks like we've been to the same places in europe!