Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Venice - Italy

Even though it's hard to choose favourites, one of my most adored places I visited is definitely Venice.  Located in northern Italy, it was hard to not be in awe of the beautiful setting, architecture and the endless canals filled with gondolas.

Venice unbeliavably stretches across 117 small islands, which explains all the canals!

Piazza san Marco - Venice's public square, crowded at the best of times

Biblioteca Marciana

St Mark's Campanile


Venice canal

Gondola ride






Some gondolas even had singers on board playing the accordion, so cute!

They had so many restaurants and boutiques that you could access via the water too, loved it...







 They had beautiful masquarade masks everywhere I looked



Lunch time

Overloaded on pasta during my Italy leg of the trip...

And wine

Pizza

More pasta

Tiramisu

And pasta again...

On the gondola

Gorgeous lion head spotted on my gondola ride






Shopfront with beautiful display of masks

Squid ink pasta






7 comments :

OohLookBel said...

Fabulous photos! I love Venice, even with the pigeons and crowds.

sugarpuffi said...

wow love how boutique restaurants have the tables right at the water! zomg that tiramisu looks too good

Vivian - vxdollface said...

gahhh I miss it so much! Never went on a gondola ride though cause it was pouring rain when I was there :(
hehe the first image of the spaghetti reminds me of heinz spaghetti in a can ^^

Bang and Buck said...

gorgeous photos! looks like such an amazing place!

xo

Bang & Buck

Dolly said...

lovely photos// mmh the pasta looks well sauced!

missklicious said...

OohLookBel - I loved it too, didn't notice the pigeons but did notice the crowds!

sugarpuffi - So cool, and the tiramisu was good too

Vivian - awww, the gondola ride was fun, but had to sit quite still because the gondola shifts with any kind of movement!

Bang and Buck - Thank you :) It was amazing!

Dolly - I was well and truly pasta-ed out by the end of Italy haha

miss E said...

Wow Venice, your photos are beautiful. Sadly the only gondola ride I've been on is at The Venetian in Las Vegas. Lol.