Sunday, 11 December 2011

Glorious weekends - Cockatoo Island & Chinta Ria

Pretty peonies from the Pyrmont Grower's Market last week <3 They are still going strong!

 Time has been flying like crazy! I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until Christmas. I swear it was only just the start of October not long ago... 

I finally finished my photography course last week which was quite good, we went out on a night shoot and I managed to learn a bit more about my camera, which should come in handy. 

 Also been on a bit of a baking binge lately, just made a french nectarine cake this morning with this recipe from Greedy Gourmand.  It's currently cooling on a rack, but I had a sneak taste testing and it's delicious.  Plus it's made the house smell all fruity and delicious!

 Last week was such lovely weather on the Saturday, so off to Cockatoo Island it was!

It was crazy packed at the Island Bar

Since the lines were massive, I decided to get a jug of the Paloma so I wouldn't have to keep going back ;) Probably not a good idea, as I drank half the thing waiting around for our food (which was also quite slow!)







Dinner was a random drunken stumble to Chinta Ria Mood for Love

Dish with various mushrooms

Beef Rendang

More cocktails...

Prawns in tamarind sauce

Apologies for forgetting the names of the dishes, I was pretty intoxicated at this stage so I'm surprised I even took photos.

This week, I managed to catch not one but two awesome shows - Romeo & Juliet ballet at the Sydney Opera House and Mary Poppins.  I absolutely loved Mary Poppins. It was fantastic, so if you haven't seen it, get in quick!!

5 comments :

Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

Beautiful peonies! And how good are the mushrooms at Chinta Ria, MFL?

Vivian - vxdollface said...

Such gorgeous summer weather the way it should be!

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

You are so lucky you chose a day to go when the weather was lovely! I really wish I had made it out there :)

Jaztee said...

Beautiful weather and photos!

I've also nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog if you want for more details :)

missklicious said...

Tina - Mushrooms were so yummy! It wasn't my pick, but I was pretty pleased with the dish.

And the peonies were soo nice, really livened my room up! And they lasted for over a week! <3

Vivian - I knowww, we need WAY more of that weather!

Elyse - It was such good timing! I think everyone else had the same idea too as it was absolutely packed!

Jaztee - Thanks lovely, will check it out :)