Friday, 20 January 2012

Sydney Food Bloggers Picnic 2012

Last week, the rain held out for the Sydney Food Bloggers Picnic (my first one!)

As was expected, there was an enormous amount of delicious food... I'll let the pics do the talking.

Super cool candy insects!

Insect invasion

So much food...

 Meatballs with tzatziki 
 Perfectly iced pandan cupcakes

 Mini chorizo quiche

 Custard tarts

 Palmiers

 Reliving childhood memories with fairy bread!

 Aniseed pork and chocolate pies

 Cupcakes







 Peanut butter cake with maple bacon! Bacon is the new dessert item.

I thought this was very cool - bacon wrapped stuff

Yummy roast beef baguettes went very quickly

 As did this gorgeous and tasty paella











It was a massive turn-out and such a great chance to put faces to names and meet all the new food bloggers! 

11 comments :

Charlotta Grönberg said...

Looks amazing! I wouldn't hav known where to start, it all looks so pretty and yummy!

Beauty Snippets said...

Yum!! All that food is making me hungry LOL

chocolatesuze said...

was good to see you again mate!

MrsG said...

Oh wow! The food looks delicious! what an amazing picnic!

HeartNhandmade said...

Oh my Goodness! It's making me hungry :) craving something sweet now :)
Marietta <3

missklicious said...

Charlotta - I was stuffed by the end of the day, and I didn't even try everything!

Beauty Snippets - Haha, that always happens to me when I read food posts in the morning :P

chocolatesuze - Likewise! Thanks for organising :)

MrsG - It was epic!

HeartNhandmade - We had so many sweets leftover!

Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

Wow - such thorough coverage of the food! Nice to meet you there :)

Lay's said...

It's awesome that you took heaps of photos! Dont think we officially introduced ourselves, maybe next time :)

A RAINY MELODY said...

WOW, I totally wish I could've gone to such a great meet up. The food looks delish...and I'm a huge fan of sweets!! :]

Glad you had a wonderful time!

xx
Christina

Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet said...

What a delicious looking feast with so many varied dishes. Love the bacon wrapped 'stuff' label too. The whole thing sounds like so much fun.

muppy said...

you got so many great shots of the food!!!