Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Soju Girl - Civic, Canberra

I've been meaning to try the new addition to the Canberra cocktail lounge scene, Soju Girl, so on a recent trip, I grabbed the bestie and headed there for drinks and inadvertently had a second dinner.

Soju Girl is located right in the heart of Civic, housed in the Melbourne Building - with a dining room and bar area, perfect for grabbing a couple of drinks and having a chat (the full menu is still available in the bar area too!) With some cool Asian fusion plates and fun cocktails, I was keen to try it out.

So hard to pick from their extensive cocktail list - I wanted to try everything!

Even though I'd already had a dinner previously, I couldn't resist these fresh and addictively crispy lotus chips. They were so good! Perfect nibbles to have with drinks.

Soju Girl cocktail - korean soju, midori and house lemongrass syrup shaken with muddled lime and kiwifruit layered over cranberry juice - so fruity and delicious!!

Passionfruit and lychee martini

Tuna futomaki, seaweed salad, emulsions

The Concubine - Japanese shochu, umeshu and house ginger syrup shaken hard with fresh lime and eggwhite

I always, ALWAYS have room for dessert:




It had fruit in it so it was justified :P

I'll definitely be back next time I'm in town to try out more yummy cocktails!

Soju Girl on Urbanspoon

7 comments :

Pauline - omgnoodles said...

Mmm, everything looks yummy!

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

From the name, I totatlly dind't expect this place to have its name graffiti-ed on the wall or for it to be so dark like a bar. Definitely expected something more Asian, cute and girly!

betty said...

love lotus chips!
i was in canberra last month my bf took me to rubys? the frozen custard place- yum! hehe

Vivian - vxdollface said...

this place looks so kitschy! what a cool bar

missklicious said...

Pauline - was a great place for nibbles and cocktails!

Rita - Yeah, it does sound like it'd be a girly place, and that was kind of what I was expecting to, but it was a nice surprise!

betty - The lotus chips were fantastic, I could've eaten a whole bucket of them! haha

Ooh yeah Rubee's is good, the original is called Goodberry's in Erindale. So yum!!

Viv - It was pretty cool! Definitely the place for yummy cocktails

cheap flight to Canberra said...

Nice post.
http://www.cheapflighthouse.co.uk/cheap-flights/cheap-flights-to-canberra/

Flights to Santa Cruz said...

It was difficult to imagine that a full day hadn't yet passed since we boarded the airliner in New York. I paused. Medieval man believed that one was placed beyond the touch of time, and therefore aging, while attending Mass. What, I wondered, would he have made of those hours we left up in the sky? I would not change my watch until I gave the matter more thought. Cheap Flights To Santa Cruz