Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Dragon Boy - World Square, Sydney

There's been so many new Japanese noodle bars popping up, it's hard to keep track of them all! The latest addition to the family is Dragon Boy, located in World Square.

In addition to bowls of udon, they also have rice options too.

Oden options - traditionally a Japanese winter dish comprising of various boiled ingredients. On offer that day were fish cakes, tofu, boiled eggs and sausages.

The deep fried selection offers nice variety including croquettes, tempura and takoyaki.

Fridge selection of side dishes

Zucchini, corn and pumpkin tempura + croquette

I really enjoyed the variety and selection of side dishes here. 

Chicken teriyaki udon - this was my choice, and whilst I enjoyed the noodles, I thought the chicken teriyaki was average, made worse by being watered down in the broth.

Chicken curry udon

Vegetable kakiage and crab stick tempura

Oden selection

I think I'll stick with the simple bukkake udon next time to avoid disappointment, as that seems to be the safe option to order at these Japanese noodle bars. 

Dragon Boy Japanese Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Vivian - vxdollface said...

thanks for posting! i was wondering about this place when i walked past. pretty good selection of side dishes - would have been good if they had the teriyaki chicken on the side!

Missy Piggy said...

I went here a few weeks ago and have to say that I LOVED it...love the Bukkake with (free-range) egg..."almost" as good as Mappen and I love that they had Lotus Root Chips! YUM.

missklicious said...

Viv - Agree. It would have been nicer if the chicken was on the side

Miss Piggy - Lotus root chips!! I love them with a passion, though I didn't spot any on my visit. Might have to go again!