Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Korea trip

So it's been two weeks since I've been back from holidays, and it already feels like an eternity!

Korea, specifically Seoul, was one of my trips out of Hong Kong. Korea felt very similar to Japan in some regards - take away the korean signs, and the streets look like they could be in Japan.

It's also a beauty products and make up shopper's haven, and it's hard not to go a little crazy, especially in Myeong-Dong - the busiest shopping district in Seoul.

The food on my trip consists of either hot pots - like this one pictured with mandu aka korean dumplings

And of course, the banchan (side dishes) always consist of kimchi, the staple in Korean cuisine
I found a chain that was very similar to cold rock, and bought this super delish strawberry and banana ice cream, it was packed full of real chunks of strawberry.

Dried squid stalls were a constant feature on the streets, and it was hard not to be tempted with the fragrant scent wafting down the street.

As I mentioned earlier, Korea is cosmetics heaven! Plus everything is in such adorable packaging. It's hard not to put one of everything in your basket.

Perfumes


It's always interesting to see what they have on offer in the vending machines

Fanta peach smoothie



Roti boy - reminded me a lot of papa roti

Coffee bun, straight out of the oven



Myeong-dong

I now have enough face masks to last me a lifetime


Etude house was one of my fave stores, I went in there MANY times on my trip! The great thing about Myeong-dong was the endless freebies - upon entering, and also when you purchase. They are super generous with the freebies.


Street snacks



Toffee sweet potato

Sugar rush

Super cute umbrellas - I bought one!

Ginseng sochu 

Ginseng chicken

Saw this chain everywhere in Seoul



Watched this Drawing Hero show, a drawing and painting show, which was pretty cool.







Taco chips






By the end of the trip, I was well and truly over Korean BBQs and hot pots. 

6 comments :

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip! Hope you're coping with being back alright. I'm not coping at all lol x

Food is our religion said...

ahh so jelly! I really want to go to Korean, love their food. it is one of my fav cuisines!

Missy Piggy said...

I don't remember any street food when I was in Korea = d'oh! I did fall in love with Korean BBQ in Seoul (first time I'd ever had it) and the first time I had Kimchi too (not a fan)! I probably should've shopped more too! Double d'oh!

adman0509 said...

Wow, Love your photos. I want to visit Korea now. That Strawberry and Banana ice cram looks delicious. So does the Toffee Sweet potato. Making me hungry now..... :)

Vivian - vxdollface said...

Your Korea trip looks amazing! I've planned to go for the longest time but it keeps getting pushed back >< hehe Fanta smoothie sounds yum!

missklicious said...

Tina - Post holiday blues is always hard to cope with! haha I cope with dreaming about my next getaway :P

Food is our religion - They have great food, and pretty healthy too!

Miss Piggy - oh, you must have missed them! I walked past so many little stalls with snacks - especially dried squid, handmade biscuits etc

I'm not really a fan of kimichi either!

adman0509 - Thanks :) Perhaps one to put on the holiday wish list?

Viv - You should go! Cosmetics heaven!!