Thursday, 18 October 2012

Le Salon de thé de Joël Robuchon - Central, Hong Kong

After spotting the gorgeous high tea set at Le Salon de thé de Joël Robuchon after my lunch at L'Atelier, I knew I had to return for afternoon tea. 
The salon is a open plan cafe, with the same striking red features of the restaurant, albeit in a more casual setting, some tables overlooking the Landmark shopping centre.

They offer an extensive menu with lots of lunch options and more importantly, cake! 


I choose a fragrant peach tea to pair with the afternoon tea - I really like how they offer variations on the high tea menu. You can either order just the sandwiches or just the cakes (both sets come with the scones) but who wants to do things by halves?

 Scones and sandwiches - the sandwiches are so pretty and perfect, especially the smoked salmon rosettes, that I almost don't want to eat them!

 Homemade natural, lemon and raisin scones, served with Devonshire clotted cream and strawberry jam

Sandwiches - tuna and poached egg, Lobster flavoured with tarragon, premium ham with mustard seed, and Norwegian smoked salmon with caviar



 Pastries

 The cakes included exotique, paris-brest, mont-blanc, macaroon ganache and blueberry cheesecake


Loved how the cakes were perfectly portioned, allowing you to be able to fit a taste of everything

A lovely spot to drop in after some serious shopping in Hong Kong - lunch tends to be quite busy with lines as they don't take bookngs, though it does seem to quieten down after the peak period. I was able to get a seat straight away on a weekday at 3pm for afternoon tea. 

10 comments :

mashi said...

This looks amazing, it has got to be the most decadent and delicate looking high tea sandwiches and sweets EVER! Thanks so much for the review, I'm putting this on my list for my next visit to HK.

Food is our religion said...

Love HK food!! Makes me so happy everytime I think about it but sad if I don't get to have it lol

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

So many luscious looking morsels! The sandwich artwork is pretty impressive!

ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dear Missklicious,

I love savoury stuff and I would zoom into that piece of tuna and poached egg sandwich.

missklicious said...

mashi - it has to be one of the most impressive looking high teas I've ever had!

Food is our religion - Agreed!! There's so many awesome choices in Hong Kong.

Helen - The sandwiches were almost too pretty to eat!

ChopinandMysaucepan - The sandwiches were delish!!

Vivian - vxdollface said...

high tea in hk is so much more elaborate and extravagant than what we have here! is that all for one person?

Sammy said...

Damn these look awesome! Nom nom nom

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this site daily, this website is genuinely pleasant and the visitors are actually sharing nice thoughts.
My site Orlando fl hookah

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this site daily, this website is genuinely pleasant and the visitors are actually sharing nice thoughts.
My website :: Orlando fl hookah

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that in detail, so that
thing is maintained over here.
Also see my website > gift cards