Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Al Aseel - Surry Hills, Sydney

On the search for some good middle eastern food, we stumble across Al Aseel in Surry Hills. The original store is in Greenacre, and there's also a couple of other stores that have opened since. 

We choose a table in the outdoor area, across from some men who are enjoying a smoke with a hookah, an interesting looking pipe with water. 

A colourful selection of olive and pickles to nibble on whilst waiting for our food.

The wait time isn't long at all, and we get our food brought out quickly.

A seemingly endless lebanese bread supply

A mixed platter of their entrees including;

falafel - a traditional vegetaria croquette made from chickpeas and seven secret spices (ooh, intriguing!)
ladies fingers - homemade pastry filled with cheese, mince meat and parsley
sambousek - pastry pocket stuffed with spiced meat
fried kibbe - spicy minced meat stuffed inside a tast blend of kibbe and crushed what, deep fried in cotton seed oil

Al Aseel mixed plate - skewers of marinated BBQ chicken breast, lamb & kafta with tabouli, baba ganouj, hommous, garlic dip and falafel


A decent spot to satisfy any middle eastern food cravings, though I think it's hard for anyone to beat the garlic sauce at El Jannah. 


Al-Aseel on Urbanspoon

12 comments:

Vivian - vxdollface said...

i always ask for extra garlic at all lebanese restaurants ^^" but yeah it is hard to beat el jannah!

missklicious said...

Viv - El Jannah garlic sauce is so addictive!

thanhalang said...

I went to Al Aseel the other day as well, the Greenacre store.

Best Lebanese restaurant!!

Anonymous said...

of course like your web site however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts.
Several of them are rife with

spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to
inform the reality then again I will certainly come

again again.
My site > http://generalbiodiesel.com/

Anonymous said...

I am continually browsing online for

ideas that can help me. Thx!
My page: www.Almoradi.us

Anonymous said...

great points altogether, you simply gained a brand
new reader.

What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago?
Any positive?
My website ; somethingaboutmaryman.com

Anonymous said...

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog.


Thank you, I’ll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?
Feel free to visit my web-site : Http://Www.Catral.biz

Anonymous said...

I will immediately take hold of your rss as I

can't in finding your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do

you've any? Kindly permit me know in

order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Also visit my blog post ; cincinnati real estate

Anonymous said...

Hi there, simply become aware of your blog

through Google, and located that it is truly informative.
I am gonna

be careful for brussels. I’ll appreciate in the
event you proceed this in future. Numerous folks will
probably be benefited

out of your writing. Cheers!
My web page: software for nursing homes

Anonymous said...

Attractive element of content. I simply stumbled

upon your web site and in accession capital to
say that I acquire actually loved account your blog
posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even
I success you access persistently quickly.
Feel free to surf my web site ; beach homes for sale spain

Anonymous said...

I cling on to listening to the rumor

lecture about getting free online grant applications so I have
been looking around for

the finest site to get one. Could you tell
me please, where could i acquire

some?
Here is my web blog :: http://www.thespainforum.com/f146/

Anonymous said...

You are a very bright person!
Also see my webpage: steps to make solar powered panels