Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Burch & Purchese - South Yarra, Melbourne

One of my must visit places during my recent Melbourne trip was Burch & Purchese, the famous dessert studio owned by Darren Purchese. 

burch & purchese
I was seriously excited about visiting and started speed walking when I spotted the pink and white store - it did not disappoint. Upon entering the store, you're met with dozens of pretty and exquisite creations.

Since it was nearing the season, there were lots of cute Christmas creations.

I didn't need much 'persuasion' to pick up some of these pistachio lemon & white chocolate persuaders -:P

There were so many tempting things in store, I really didn't know where to start




Mr Potato head!!

Not to mention it was hard deciding which cakes to pick up... everything looked amazing!




This was a last minute purchase, the passionfruit cloud, that was a fabulous choice. It was light and fluffy, like a cloud, and full of fruity passionfruit flavour.

Caramelised white choc, hazelnut, banana and vanilla cheesecake

Choc hazelnut cream, choc hazelnut brownie, vanilla cheesecake, cinnamon toffee, caramelised white chocolate mousse, roast banana cream, banana jelly fool.


This was a recommendation from Darren himself, and it was my favourite out of everything. 

Coconut, passionfruit, ginger, mint

Coconut mousse, passionfruit curd, coconut caviar, passionfruit jelly, salted oat and ginger crumble, ginger marshmallow, white chocolate mint wafer, brilliant white chocolate spray

This is a definite must try!!

Pineapple, mango, chocolate

Coconut sponge, mango mousse, spicy pineapple jam, pineapple cream, chocolate mousse, white chocolate velvet spray, pineapple jelly, mango jelly

My haul:



I've heard rave reviews about this spread, so it was definitely on my list of things to take back home.

Wish we had Burch & Purchase in Sydney! Will need to find more excuses to go down to Melbourne more often ;)

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Nic@diningwithastud said...

It's it awful trying to make a choice in stores like that? haha

missklicious said...

It is almost torture trying to narrow it down :P

Dolly said...

gooood this looks amazing especially
Caramelised white choc, hazelnut, banana and vanilla cheesecake

this is definitely going on my to eat list... :P:P

Anonymous said...

your title says South Yarra - Sydney..... I don't believe so?

missklicious said...

Dolly - A definite must visit when you go to Melbourne!!

Anon - Thanks!! Didn't even realise my slip up haha, so used to typing Sydney!

Shanshan Lam said...

LOVE this place. I actually dislike chocolate (please dont kill me!) but I love B&P's chocolate. It tastes so good that I even crave for their chocolate!

Aney Mei said...

Mmm what yummy goodies!