Friday, 14 December 2012

Ippudo - Westfield, Sydney

After hearing that the new ramen place in the CBD Westfield had finally opened, I was super excited to go and try it out. Made my way there on a late night shopping Thursday, arriving before 7pm, only to be met with a one hour wait.

They have a bar area where people waiting for a table can have a few drinks and dig into the pork buns. We put our name down and opt for a quick browse around the shops instead. 



The decor is nicer than your average ramen store, with comfortable and spacious seating. 

So was it worth the wait?

Drinks come out quite quickly 

Ippudo offers a cocktail list at decent prices.

Fukuoka Mule - Fukuoka (Hakata) original sochu with Bundaberg ginger beer.

Shrimp bun and pork bun - the buns are nice and fluffy, though I much prefer the pork bun over the shrimp. 

Shrimp bun

Pork bun

Akamaru Shinaji - original tonkotsu broth enhanced with special blended miso paste and fragrant garlic oil, served with thin noodles, pork belly, black mushrooms and shallots

Shiromaru Motoaji - Original tonkotsu broth served with thin noodles, pork belly, cabbage, black mushroom and shallots.

I really enjoyed the ramen here - definitely a strong contender for the best ramen in Sydney, though hopefully the wait times will become more reasonable!


Ippudo on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Missy Piggy said...

Those pork buns look really good - a bit more exciting than the shrimp ones. Keen to give this place a whirl...when the crowds die down that is!

Christine @ Cooking Crusade said...

heehee I love the little buns: they remind me of pacmans.. is that weird? wow, a one hour wait, good on you for waiting! looks like the food is pretty decent but yeah I'd have a tough time waiting that out for dinner!

Lisa said...

I went here last night, LOVED the food but it was a pretty long wait!

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

The pork buns are definitely a winner. I hope the lines die down too, so I can make a return. I really did enjoy their ramen.

Shanshan Lam said...

Not toos uer if i will be af an of the ramen as I am not too into the rich heavy pork soup even though Ippudo isnt' as heavy. Pork buns are a must try though!

missklicious said...

Miss Piggy - The pork ones are waaay better! Give the shrimp a miss. Hopefully the crowds and wait time die down after the intial hype because the ramen is pretty good!

Christine - Haha they do look like pacmans! I only waited the hour because it was Thursday aka late night shopping, otherwise I would have been outta there!!

Lisa - The wait is a bit OTT for ramen, I don't think I'd wait again!

Tina - Same here!!

missklicious said...

Shanshan - I'm not into the heavy soup either, that's why I'm not a huge fan of the Gumshara broth, but I enjoyed Ippudo.