Tuesday, 18 December 2012

MGM Butterfly Pavillion - MGM Grand, Macau


During my stay in Macau, MGM Grand had a butterfly pavillion installed - basically a huge dome filled  with dozens of butterflies. 

Kept at a high temperature at all times, you can feel the heat as you walk in and are suddenly surrounded by butterflies flapping past you. 








The patisserie at MGM followed suit with a butterfly theme:


Butterfly cakes

Chocolate section - the yuzu praline instantly caught my eye. 




MGM patisserie offer a lunch time set which includes a sandwich of choice and tea/coffee for $68 MOP, which is a pretty good deal! I pick a blooming tea for my set.


Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel served with crisps

Roasted vegetable sandwich

I have to admit, I'm not used to getting crisps - I think I much prefer hot chips instead!

I couldn't resist the cake selection:



Green apple mousse with vanilla pudding

This pretty cake was light and refreshing with green apple mousse and filling.

Chocolates - earl grey praline & yuzu praline


Round two of butterfly cake - this one had mandarin and white chocolate

No comments :