Sunday, 9 December 2012

Yum Cha @ Zilver - Haymarket, Sydney

Every now and then, I'll get a craving for yum cha over the weekend. I'm no expert on what is the best yum cha in Sydney, so my tactic has been to try as many new ones as possible. 

Zilver is tucked away upstairs, next to the Capitol Theatre complex. It's busy on a Saturday lunch, which is always a good gauge for how good it is! 

BBQ pork rice noodle rolls - Zilver's version is quite nice, with relatively thin and silky rice noodles and a generous helping of the sauce.

I can never go past the fried version of the rice noodles, which come with a dish of half sesame and half hoisin sauce. I love this dish, but it never compares to one I've tried in Macau where they serve it with chinese sauce, which makes it so tasty.

Dumplings

BBQ pork buns are another staple yum cha dish - these are nice and fluffy.

Taro dumplings

Pork ribs

Chicken feet

Lao sa bao - buns with a hot liquid custard centre

The must order yum cha dessert dish - egg tarts!

Overall, a fairly satisfying yum cha experience, Zilver is definitely up there as one of the better places that I've tried. 

Zilver on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Missy Piggy said...

Yum, I really love Zilver! And thanks to you I FINALLY know what that sauce is that comes with the rice noodles.

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

I've heard that Zilver is a big contender with the yum cha places in the city. Think I may just need to try ;)

missklicious said...

Missy Piggy - I love the sauce that comes with it!

Tina - Definitely try it out :)

Cecilia said...

All that food looks AMAZING. I really need to explore Sydney's eateries this year! Why didn't I find your blog earlier!?!? :(