Tuesday, 29 January 2013

est - Establishment, Sydney CBD

est is another one of those places that I've only heard rave reviews about, so when their pre-seven heaven deal was on during January, a girl's night out was in order.

est has been awarded 3 hats every year since 2004, which is a pretty impressive feat.

Italian buffalo mozzarella, nectarine, serrano jamon

This dish came out and stole the showing - so pretty and fresh!

Prawn and moreton bay bug ravioli, young leeks, coriander, lemongrass vinaigrette

This sounded absolutely delicious on the menu, so I knew this was going to be my entree. 

Pan roasted mulloway fillet, green peas, snap peas, snow peas, bonito and parsley

For mains, it was a no brainer, as the other dish was lamb. The mulloway was nicely cooked and served on a bed of various peas. It was good, though I think the entrees stole the show in comparison.

Until dessert came along...


macadamia praline ice cream, mango, lime – tequila sorbet, coconut jelly

I would best describe this as summer on a plate, especially loved the sweet mango paired with the macadamia praline ice cream.  


Morello cherry souffle with raspberry sorbet

This is definitely the best souffle I've ever had - the height, perfect airiness, like eating a cloud!

I can definitely see why est has three hats, everything from the service to the food was impeccable, and it is definitely on my birthday eat list now.

Est. on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

I'm not the hugest fan of souffle but you've had me sold on this one ;)

missklicious said...

Nice - the flavours were so fresh!

Tina - I'm not a fan when they taste eggy, which I find overwhelming, but this was very good

Vivian - vxdollface said...

oh I love the food at Est. wish I could have joined in with you two!