Monday, 8 April 2013

St Malo Bakery - Crows Nest, Sydney

One of my favourite spots for a weekend brunch is Crows Nest. Never short of fantastic cafes, one of my favourites is St Malo Bakery. With enticing pastries and bread in the display window, St Malo is never short of a line during peak brunch hour. 

On this particular Saturday, we arrive quite early so we manage to grab a free table outside. 

Breakfast menu items consist of the usual suspects. I make note to save some room for the amazing looking sweet pastries. Orders are placed at the counter where they give you a table number and then bring your order out to you.

Latte

Mocha

Coffees are decent, though I can't help but compare with my favourite coffee place around the corner.

Croque monsieur

A very generous portion of the Parisian sandwich consisting of buttery sliced sourdough, ham, gruyere cheese and Dijon mustard, served with a side salad.

Counter with all the baked goodies - so hard to choose!

Cakes galore

Strawberry danish

The pastries at St Malo are very good with perfectly flaky and buttery pastry

Raspberry custard brioche

My favourite is this brioche, with a sweet vanilla custard paired with the juicy tart raspberries.

St Malo is one of those places where it ends up being your default local 'go to' place because it's just that good. (plus I feel a little less naughty since I burn some of it off with the walk to and from home!)


St. Malo Bakery on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Sherrie Huang said...

That strawberry danish looks so perfect! I, too, have a weakness for baked goods

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

The pastries look amazing! Brioche with raspberry and custard sounds like a perfect combination!

ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dea Karen,

I used to live closeby and there seems to be so many cafes and brekky options in Crows Nest but some could be a hit and miss.

I prefer savoury so the croque monsieur is mine. I don't like sweet stuff unless they are pretty girls.

missklicious said...

Sherrie - me too$, I always have the most difficulty deciding!!

Helen- the brioche was lovely, the custard complimented the tart raspberries very well

Chopinandmysaucepan- love all the cafe options around crows nest! My favourite is still bean drinking for brekky though, st malo is fab for the pastries!

Haha guys don't tend to love dessert as much as girls do from what I've experienced