Monday, 27 May 2013

At Restaurant - Crows Nest, Sydney

@! is, in my opinion, one of the best places for sushi in Sydney. The restaurant is located on the Pacific highway strip in crows nest, and is a small and unassuming shop. Step inside and you'll be greeted by friendly staff and if you're lucky enough to sit at the bar, the sushi chef is enthusiastic and so much fun to watch. I always try to get a seat at the bar during my visits here.



@! menu

Front row seats at the sushi bar

@! have a range of Japanese beers and often have different specials on the board

Chicken namban

Miso eggplant

I can never resist ordering miso eggplant when I see it on the menu, and @!'s version is very good, with a generous slathering of the miso sauce.

Edamame

These are served warm and are very addictive. I am normally not a fan of edamame but @! changed my mind with their version.


@! special sushi set

If you order one thing here, it would be this sushi platter. Every piece is meticulously put together with such precision, and it shines through. This is a little difficult to share, as you end up wanting everything to yourself.




Sushi set

Rainbow sushi roll


Do yourself a favour and try the sushi here - it is a little on the pricier side but you do get what you pay for and it's well worth it!

At Restaurant on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Sherrie Huang said...

I am an avid edamame lover! I can just keep popping those beans and before I know it, I've demolished a whole bowl!

missklicious said...

I wasn't a fan until I tried the freshly made ones! I find a lot of sushi places pre-make them and they are pretty served cold, trying them warm made all the difference.

chocolatesuze said...

mmm i could just bury my head in that miso eggplant!

milkteaxx said...

the sushi looks really good! i love bar seatings at japanese restaurants!

missklicious said...

suze - the eggplant was so good!!

milkteaxx - bar seating is fab at japanese restaurants since you get to see all the sushi making!