Thursday, 23 May 2013

Govinda's - Darlinghurst, Sydney

Govinda's is a Sydney institution, home of the vegetarian buffet and comfortably cushioned movie room. 

Menu is quite straightforward as the food offerings are all included in the buffet, with the option of adding on non-alcoholic drinks and dessert.

I order a refreshing mango lassi to go with my meal

Food is delicious and wholesome - with my favourite being the delightfully crispy cauliflower pakoras - they are absolutely addictive!
Lentil dahl

After stuffing myself silly until I couldn't fit anymore in, it was up to the movie room to watch Samsara. Had to be careful not to fall asleep on the super comfortable cushions after such a big meal.
And of course, after the movie, we ventured over to Messina for some dessert

Green tea yuzu & umeboshi special flavours

Such a great night out! Govinda's movie and meal deal definitely beats squishing into a packed cinema.

Govinda's on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Nic@diningwithastud said...

I cant believe I havent tried Govinda's yet! Must go :)

missklicious said...

nic - highly recommended!