Monday, 10 June 2013

Bandung Rasa - Mascot, Sydney

Bandung Rasa is a hidden gem of an Indonesian restaurant in Mascot. Blink and you'll miss it, the shop is located on a fairly quiet part of Botany road. On this particular night I'm dining with the bestie, the boy and Miss Lily, who recommended this place for good Indo food. 

Perkedel jagung

Crispy corn fritters are a fabulous way to start the meal.

Combro

Cassava croquettes with spicy oncorn (tofu) filling that pack a spicy punch.

Tofu petis

Tofu, cucumber, green beans, eggplant with peanut sauce. A fairly sweet and addictive dish, I couldn't stop picking at this long after I was already full! 

Sop buntut

This oxtail soup with potatoes and carrots reminds me a lot of the Chinese style, clear, homestyle soups.

Ayam bumbu Bali

Fried chicken with a balinese style curry sauce, best generously spooned over rice.

Gepuk Bandung

A sweet seasoned beef dish 

Teh Tarik

sweetened stretched frothy tea

Happy soda

A very sweet Indonesian creamy soda.

Overall, I really liked this place. My Indonesian food experiences are limited to trying a couple of restaurants in Kensington, but the dishes shone here, with some beautiful flavours.

Bandung Rasa on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dear Karen,

My fave Indo restaurant has closed in Kingsford :(

I'm miss their ayam goreng immensely and hope they will reappear sometime soon.

http://chopinandmysaucepan.com/ratu-sari-kingsford-sydney

milkteaxx said...

i have oly had indo 1-2 times and im not sure if its even authentic. but it looks like you had quite a spread. sometimes its the quiet small restaurants that you score the best deals and yummy foods!

Vivian - vxdollface said...

ooh sounds like a great place, the tofu eggplant dish sounds real yum!

missklicious said...

Chopin - That's a shame that your fave has closed!

milkteaxx - I'm no expert either, but I'm lucky to have a couple of indo friends who point me in the right direction!

Viv - It was delish!!