Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Cumulus Inc - Flinders Lane, Melbourne CBD

Any Melbourne trip is fraught with decisions on where to eat. I always have a endless Melbourne eat list that I try and get through every time I visit, though it makes it quite hard when there are so many amazing places.

One of the many places I love to visit is Cumulus Inc.  Tucked away in Flinders lane, it's a lovely open space with a great vibe. It's great that they are open all day, 7 days a week, this is especially handy for 'holiday-mode' where sometimes you end up eating lunch at 3pm or want a meal at an odd hour.

Cumulus Inc menu

We were seated at a kitchen facing table where all the action happens

Chilled green pea & sorrel soup

A refreshing blend of chilled soup - a nice light start to the meal after copious amounts of holiday eating.

Grilled octopus, smoked paprika and basil

Loved the freshness of the basil with the perfectly cooked, tender octopus. This was my favourite dish of the whole meal. 

Saffron spiced cauliflower, golden raisins, pinenuts and curd

Quite a simple dish, but packed a punch in texture and flavour. 

Steamed clams, merguez and saffron

After my New Zealand trip, I have a new found love for clams in any form, so when I spotted these steamed clams, it was a must order. this version comes with a lovely creamy sauce, with saffron and merguez, a kind of north african sausage. 


Some beautiful dishes to be had at Cumulus Inc, I need another excuse for a Mebourne trip so I can re-visit!

Cumulus Inc. on Urbanspoon

7 comments :

Simon Leong said...

looks great. i'd happily try all of these :-)

milkteaxx said...

this has been on my melbourne to eat list for the past 3 visits, never got the chance to visit it! grr! must go next time!

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

I only went here for breakfast when I went. Loving the look of the saffron spiced cauliflower!

mashi said...

I was there on the weekend and absolutely loved it too. Highly recommend the lamb shoulder mmm

missklicious said...

Simon - I would have happily sampled the whole menu if I had the stomach space!

milkteaxx - Ahh, the ever expanding Melbourne eat list! Mine is growing all the time haha

Tina - I will have to check out brekky next time!

mashi - sounds fab!

Vivian - vxdollface said...

love this place! it's such a chill vibe and they have amazing food, those clams look delish

Annie said...

another restaurant to add to my Melbourne wishlist when i eventually head there lol. so many dishes to try