Monday, 17 June 2013

Lynn Shanghai - Castlereagh St, Sydney CBD

Lynn Shanghai is hidden away on Castlereagh street and is conveniently located and affordable venue to get your Shanghainese food fix.

The menu is fairly extensive, with the usual offerings such as noodles and dumplings.

Baked sesame pockets with minced chicken, vegetables and pinenuts

Loved this dish with the crispy sesame pockets. You simply grab a pocket and spoon in the delicious filling, as much or as little as you want. I tend to overfill mine! Luckily, the pockets are wide open and very easy to fill up.

Shanghai style stir fried noodles with shredded pork and vegetables

These are my staple noodle order whenever I go to a Shanghainese place - they never fail to disappoint!

Sauteed garden beans, bamboo shoots and pork mince

Another one of my favourite dishes and a nice way to sneak some vegetables in.

Dan dan noodles

Soy bean milk

Lynn Shanghai also does a range of dessert, including some cute panda buns to rival the piggy buns at Chef's Gallery.

Deep fried ice cream

Steamed pumpkin, pastry dumplings filled with lotus paste


Not a bad choice for some decent Shanghainese food in the city when you don't feel like queuing up at some of the busier places. 

Lynn Shanghai Cuisine on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Sherrie Huang said...

Love the idea of filling your own pockets with stuffing! Lynn's had pretty good food when I went last time :D

Stephanie Tang said...

I'm so hungry looking at those Shanghai noodles :(
I haven't eaten them in sooo long. This will probably be the next place I eat at !

missklicious said...

Sherrie - The sesame pockets are one of my favourite dishes!

Stephanie - I love noodles of any kind :D

Missy Piggy said...

What's the Dan Dan dish made out of? Is it mince? Food looks good - I do want to go here....one day!