Wednesday, 24 July 2013

New Zealand trip - Rotorua & Wai-O-Tapu

My latest trip to New Zealand was a week away with the family. We mainly stayed in Auckland with some relatives, and made a trip down to Rotorua.

I used this opportunity to eat as many green lipped NZ mussels as I could - so delicious, especially with garlic bread to mop up all that creamy sauce!

I also ate my body weight in delicious ice cream and indulging in all the kiwi brands that we don't seem to have in oz.

Including Kapiti - this is the Pohutukawa honey flavour. Delish!

Rotorua brekky at Capers Epicurean - fluffy pancakes with banana, pecan and maple syrup

Avocado omelette

After breakfast, it was off to Wai-O-Tapu thermal wonderland:

Waiting for Lady Knox geyser to erupt

Lady Knox is stimulated to erupt at 10:15am daily

It's a bit surreal walking around Wai-O-Tapu (and basically various places around Rotorua) and finding random bits of landscape steaming and bubbling away!















My favourite would definitely be the champagne pool and the devil's bath, such vibrant colours.

Next time I visit NZ, it will most likely (hopefully!) be to tick off the Milford Trek off my bucket list!

6 comments :

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

Ahhh love NZ for it's natural beauty. There's just nothing quite like it. You got to eat heaps of food! haha always a winner.

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

Ahhh love NZ for it's natural beauty. There's just nothing quite like it. You got to eat heaps of food! haha always a winner.

Vivian - vxdollface said...

haha i remember being here! omg that stench lol

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

I've always wanted to go to Rotorua. What stunning scenery! All you need is popcorn :)

Amy zhong said...

NZ is a beautiful place! i love it there! those pancakes seriously look amazing!

missklicious said...

Tina - NZ is so beautiful! I can't wait to explore the south island too as I've heard the scenery is even better.

Viv - Haha, the stench is pretty bad!

Helen - Rotorua is definitely an interesting experience :)

Amy - the pancakes were delish!!