Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Paramount Coffee Project - Surry Hills, Sydney

The new kid on the block to add to the ever growing list of fantastic cafes in Surry Hills is Paramount Coffee Project. Housed in a large and airy, light filled warehouse space, it is an ideal location to stop past for a pre-work caffeine fix.

The next day a date with vxdollface is scheduled to check our their lunch menu.

The space is also home to Tokyo Bikes and Pop Plant, with the shop and cafe combination within a warehouse space reminding me a little of Kitchen by Mike. 


Love the bright and spacious arrangement - it's not too busy at Friday noon and we promptly sit ourselves down and peruse through the tempting Southern American influenced menu. 

The menu

PB&J shake

This shake is more peanut butter with the jam element barely detectable, though it is addictively nutty without being too sickly sweet. Extra points for coming in a cute 7-eleven cup.

Crab Po Boy

Soft shell crab, house slaw, ranch dressing & milk bun. Take some crispy soft shell crab and make it into a delicious burger, need I say more?

 Philly cheese steak

Ranger Valley beef, aged cheddar, dill pickles, ketchup and aioli on sourdough with a side of dill pickles and potato crisps. The portions are extremely generous here, and this lunch filled me up so much that I barely had to have dinner. My favourite part of this dish were the dill pickles, so refreshing!

Another great addition to the Surry Hills area, and with this being so close to work means that I have no excuse to revisit and try out the fried chicken!


The Paramount Coffee Project on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

Ramen Raff said...

The crab po boy is freakin amazing! I had the philly cheese steak sambo earlier today and errmahgerdd it was awesome!

Sherrie Huang said...

I am so sold by the crab po boy! Looks amazing!

chocolatesuze said...

that soft shell crab po boy looks amazing!

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

i want to get my hands on that crab po boy!

Vivian - vxdollface said...

i want more chips and pickles hehe

Karen Ng said...

the po boy was delish! highly recommend it :)

Tambourine said...

Ooh I've been hearing so much about po boys. Now I know where to get them!

MAB vs Food said...

I am seeing the crab po boy pop all the time on Instagram and food blogs, so it must be good. Looks like something I will need to try :9