Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Three Williams - Redfern, Sydney


One of the things I've missed whilst on holiday were the fabulous cafes Sydney has to offer. My new favourite has to be the increasingly popular Redfern addition, Three Williams. With a tempting all-day menu, friendly service and a bright, open space, it's the perfect spot for a leisurely weekend brunch.

Three Williams menu

There are so many choices that look good, it's hard to narrow down my pick. Luckily, my dining companions are usually more than happy to share, so it makes the choosing easier. One sweet and one savoury it is!

Latte

But first, a much needed pick-me-up coffee to wake up. 

Crunchy brioche french toast, blueberries, yoghurt, roasted pecans and maple syrup

This was the dish that instantly caught my eye. Who with a sweet tooth can go past the promise of decadant crunchy french toast?! Nobody, that's who. It's as good as it looks, the perfectly crisp brioche and pecans, with the sweetness offset by the slightly tart yoghurt and blueberries. 

Fish croquettes

Cutest presentation! I love how these can be individually ordered, perfect for when you feel like a little something deep fried with your meal. These are fried to perfection, biting in to reveal deliciously creamy innards. Next on my hit list are definitely the much raved about chips! 

Beef brisket narnie

Glazed beef brisket with slaw, gherkins and chipotle mayo. Torn between the narnie choices, we were swayed by the suggestion of the friendly waiter, saying that the beef brisket was his favourite. He wasn't wrong! The beef brisket was tender and flavoursome. I have since been back and have ordered the other narnies for a takeaway lunch, and cannot pick a favourite. They are all seriously good!

There are also daily baked goodies to tempt you even more as you waddle your way out to the front counter to pay your bill. I don't even try and resist, and walk away with this beauty.

Grapefruit doughnut

I may or may not have scoffed this one hour after the brunch. Though not that different to your regular doughnut, I enjoyed the tangy, sweet grapefruit icing. 

I can see why Three Williams has become such a hotspot. Fantastic food and a great space. One to add to your regular brunch rotation! 

Three Williams on Urbanspoon

6 comments :

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

i totes need to try that brioche! next time you'll also have to sneak in an order of their chips - amazingly crunchy!!

Amy zhong said...

i loved my meal there, that brioche was amazing!

Sherrie Huang said...

Still haven't made my way here :( That french toast just looks too good!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

The french toast is awesome isn't it! So crunchy along the edges!

Annie said...

finally made it there last weekend. the narnies were sooooo good! very keen to try the crunchy brioche toast next time

Joan said...

Sounds like a great place! Will definitely have to check it out as soon as I can. Who can resist the look of that French toast?!