Thursday, 27 February 2014

Passion by Gerard Dubois - Wanchai, Hong Kong

I can never walk past a patisserie and not have a sticky beak at the sweet treats on offer. Whilst in Hong Kong, we dropped past Passion by Gerard Dubois in Wanchai several times for lunch, coffee & cake as B had to sort out his HK ID.

A lovely little corner cafe on Johnston street, the cakes and pastry display spans a couple of metres, which makes it hard to narrow down my choice! It does get quite busy during peak times, which makes it hard to see what is on offer. Definitely recommend going during early or mid-morning before the lunch rush.

Macaron display

Cake display

Tarts

Since B is not one for sweets, he opts for something savoury and picks one of the salads on offer, nothing overly special but the salad is most welcome during our holiday period where we felt deprived of fruit and veg at times.

Caesar salad with chicken

I only have eyes for the cake, and lament the fact that I can only choose one option as B didn't want any cake - I usually like to order two, to share of course ;)

Framboiser 

Pretty in pink raspberry croquant and mousseline

Fancy chocolate powder stencil pattern

The coffee is not bad, and comes with a pistachio biscotti

Peach danish

On my return visit, I opt for this deliciously flaky peach danish instead of a cake.

I hadn't been to HK during Christmas for a very, very long time! Forgot about all the adorable Christmas decorations that they have. These were at Times Square in Causeway Bay:





Passion by Gerard Dubois
74-80 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

2 comments :

Vivian - vxdollface said...

that raspberry cake looks divine!

rubee said...

Oh. My. Goodness. These look absolutely divine! Kicking myself for not finding this post before all the times I went to HK!