Monday, 24 March 2014

Birthday treats

Yesterday was my birthday, and the sun came out to play for a beautiful brunch at The Boathouse at Balmoral beach. I had started celebrations on the Friday with a spectacular lunch at Nomad, dance classes and a nice long walk (prepping myself for the Oxfam 100km trailwalker!) around the harbour on Sat, followed by home cooked dinner by the boy on Saturday night,  and then went out dancing so it was a pretty damn good weekend!

Croissant french toast

The french toast naturally had my name written all over it, and it went down a treat with a side of strawberries and banana. 

Then I felt super spoilt when this amazing cake came out!! Thank you Lily, Viv, Julz, Ayana, Shan <3 p="">
Tiramisu 

The Boathouse did a fabulous job with plating this cake up - it looked spectacular. 

Such a lovely location for a casual brunch by the water - definitely recommend getting in early to get a table, especially for larger groups.

Best birthday ever. My favourite present would have to be from B, who proposed after midnight, on the morning of my birthday:


5 comments:

Jacq said...

happy birthday and congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure that made your birthday a memorable one

Vivian - vxdollface said...

love your nails and the blingy ring! :D

i'm so happy for you guys haha cannot contain my joy!

ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dear Karen,

Congrats on your engagement. Your nails look damn sexy!!

Annie said...

happy birthday and congratulations with the engagement!

SiHaN said...

congratulations on the engagement. that's a lovely bling ring. =)