Friday, 28 March 2014

Fuku Restaurant Sake & Wine Bar - World Square, Sydney



Fuku, located upstairs at World Square, is my new go-to local Japanese. The food is nice, staff are always super friendly and the portions are large. 

Fireworks roll

Tempura prawn roll with seared tuna, salmon, kingfish and scallop with fish roe

We order this as a filler dish in case our mains weren't enough - we shouldn't have worried, as the bento and set were massive! I love the variety that this sushi roll brings, with the different seared fish.

Pork tonkatsu and udon set


Love the side dishes that come with the set, including lotus root chips and edamame. 

I opt for this kiwi mojito to celebrate the end of the working week. It is fruity, though not very alcoholic.

Salmon teriyaki bento

 This also comes with rice and miso soup. I cannot get enough of the lotus root chips and creamy eggplant. There is a small container of fruit and some kind of strawberry syrup - I'm not quite sure if it is supposed to be dessert, or to have with the fruit?


Overall, a nice little hidden gem if you're craving for Japanese (as I so often do!)

Fuku Restaurant Sake and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

NQN said...

I think the portions might even satisfy my hungry husband! Great find :)

William Jones said...

The food looks amazing here! Great images I appreciate the information that you have provided in the post.
restaurants sydney

nessyeater said...

That Salmon teriyaki bento is MASSIVE! I love how it has raw and cooked salmon.

chocolatesuze said...

i love fuku esp the miso cod!!

Tina said...

Mmmm, you've inspired me to have sushi for lunch!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Love the ambience here. It's so nice to escape to somewhere quiet within the city. And I agree with Suze - their miso cod is amazing!

Annie said...

the portions look decent and filling. need to remember to mention this restaurant next time my friends want to catch up for dinner

Macky Blaise said...

Salmon teriyaki bento and rice with miso seems great. I want to dine here at Fuku Japanese Restaurant.

Karen N said...

Thanks for your comments, guys :)

Definitely recommend Fuku for their tasty food & big portions!

Bernard Tsang said...

The tonkatsu and udon set looks divine. Love the different side dishes you get!