Friday, 30 January 2015

Jillian's Cakery - Surry Hills, Sydney

Happy Friday!! 

It's always hardest going back to work after a long weekend, and it's time to celebrate with something sweet. 

Jillian's Cakery is a relatively new cake shop in Surry Hills.  It's one of my morning stopovers now as they have a coffee happy hour and I can get my morning macchiato for a bargain $2.

Cheesecake brownie

The friendly staff happily cut the brownie in two, and packaged them up separately, for a friend and I to share.  The brownie is very good - dense and rich, the way a brownie should be. 

Cinnamon scroll


I can never resist the tin of gorgeous cinnamon scrolls sitting on the front counter.  These sticky buns are perfect after warming them up for 20-30 seconds.

Caramel and almond square

Carrot cake
Jillian's Cakery also have an assortment of whole cakes, some of which are sold by the slice. I have the carrot cake as an afternoon treat and it's delicious. Packed full of carrot and slathered with generous lashings of cream cheese frosting. Definitely one for the frosting lovers. 


There's also a handful of savouries as well, such as quiche and soup.  This cakery is a fantastic place to stop pass to satisfy a sweet tooth. I have my eye on the red velvet cake to try!


Jillian's Cakery on Urbanspoon

1 comment :

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

Cinnamon scrolls are my weakness too, I am in Surry at least once a week so I have to try this place :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru