Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Honeymoon in Hoi An - Part 1

Wedding photo shoot

Our wedding was almost two months ago now; at the moment I still only have a handful of photos as I eagerly await the professional ones. Will definitely do a wedding post once I get them as I have had a few questions on recommended vendors etc

Day 1 in Hoi An - eat all the tropical fruit

I think I ate my body weight in the ridiculously sweet pineapple. I ended up with a cold literally the day after the wedding so needed all the vitamins I could get!

Many an afternoon was spent relaxing pool side 

Conveniently the hotel also had free bikes and a hourly shuttle bus that went to Hoi An Ancient Town. The Old Town used to be a major port; now a picturesque Unesco World Heritage site with such well preserved buildings that it feels like you've stepped back in time. 

Sugar cane juice vendor

Sugar cane juice

Hoi An is street food heaven, with many stalls filling the streets near the Thu Bon Riverfront at night time. During the daytime, the vendors are scattered around the various streets.

Banana fritter

These freshly fried banana fritters are the bomb; filled with super sweet banana and with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

Hoi An Ancient Town is also home to what feels like a million tailor and clothes shops; perfect for picking up a few custom made pieces. 

It's also a haven for awesome coffee shops, and I had countless Vietnamese iced coffees during this trip.

Meatball banh mi from The Cargo Club

White rose

A speciality of Hoi An, white rose dumplings are filled with shrimp and pork and folded to look like roses.

To be continued... 



1 comment :

Vivian - vxdollface said...

cant wait to see more posts and the wedding pictures!