Sunday, 15 November 2015

Black Star Pastry at Kino - The Galeries, Sydney CBD

I was super excited to hear the news that Black Star Pastry were opening a pop-up patisserie at my favourite book store, Kinokuniya. It's conveniently ( or dangerously!) close to work and home, plus the Kino store has store specific specials too.

Yuzu panna cotta

The yuzu panna cotta is on the smaller side, but it makes up for it's size with the lovely citrus flavour, and the panna cotta is ridiculously smooth and creamy. 

Madeleines

During one particular visit, there were these enticing madeleines on the counter; I'm not sure if they are a regular item though. Both flavours (green tea and black sesame) were very good. 

Black sesame chiffon

Following on the asian theme, the black sesame chiffon is nice and fluffy, with a generous slathering of icing with a coating of white and black sesame seeds. I love anything black sesame flavoured, so this was another winner in my books. 

Raspberry and lychee cake

The raspberry and lychee is such a pretty and delicate cake. This was my favourite out of all my purchases.

Strawberry watermelon cake

I also bought a slice of the ever popular strawberry watermelon cake for good measure. I always tend to overlook this staple in order to try new things; it's still as delicious as I remember, but the portion definitely feels smaller (or maybe I'm just greedy?!)

Black Star Pastry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato   Black Star Pastry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato   Black Star Pastry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments :