Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Fossix Coffee - Sydney CBD

Fossix Coffee is a neat little coffee shop, hidden away in the lobby of a Sydney CBD office building. Fossix is a micro roaster in the heart of the city, so expect great coffee. There's also a handful of both sweet and savoury food items on the counter readily available for a quick takeaway. There's also a menu with some items such as burgers and salads.

Breakfast salad bowl

One morning, I pick up a healthy breakfast salad bowl to go. The breakfast bowl has a middle eastern touch, with beetroot hummus and grilled capsicum, mixed with quinoa, pepitas, tomato, rocket and a boiled egg. I might be the only one here, but I have to say, I do love a good breakfast salad - I wish more places would do it! 

Lemongrass pork burger

It's not often that you see a pork burger on the menu; Fossix's version is flavoured with lemongrass, and is served with crunchy slaw, pickled carrot and a spicy slaw. It kind of reminds me of a banh mi. 

Vermicelli salad with additional chicken

The vermicelli salad is lovely and fresh. I'm glad we order the grilled chicken to add to the salad, as it is very flavoursome; perfect when mixed in with the edamame, pickled carrot, slaw and cucumber. The addition of fried little pieces of potato is a bit of a strange one, and the dish probably could have done without it (as much as I love potato!).

I spy some sweet whilst ordering, and save room to sample the following:

Japanese cheesecake

Salted chocolate chip cookie

The Japanese cheesecake was on the dry side, which was disappointing. However, I did very much enjoy the crisp, jam packed with chocolate chips and slightly salty cookie. 

It's nice to see another cafe in the Sydney CBD that has some unique (eg not just bacon and egg rolls) breakfast items.
Fossix Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments :