Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Doubleshot - Deakin, Canberra

Double Shot is a great cafe addition to the Deakin shops. It's a fairly large space, with ample indoor and outdoor dining areas, and it's quite busy on a Friday morning. Doubleshot has been on my Canberra hit list for a while, so I take the opportunity to try it out during my last day of a week long work trip. 

Most people are here for their morning takeaway coffee fix, though the seats also start filling up pretty quickly as the morning progresses.

Service is friendly but on the slow side, not sure if they were understaffed on this particular morning.


I'm dining with my mum and we opt to share two dishes - one savoury and one sweet. For the savoury option, I choose a healthy hot smoked salmon with quinoa, greens and a poached egg. It feels good to get an intake of vegetables during breakfast, plus it's pretty hearty thanks to the quinoa and salmon.


My eyes lit up when I saw the french toast special on the blackboard; coconut crusted french toast with strawberry mascarpone, ripple yoghurt, vanilla cream, meringue and strawberry curd. It's fruity and light, with just the right balance of sweetness. 



Enticed by the display of sweets, I get this nice cream to go. It's a vegan 'ice-cream' filled with chocolate mousse and is the perfect snack for the plane ride home.


Double Shot Deakin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments :