Monday, 9 January 2017

The Cupping Room - Civic, Canberra

The Cupping Room is a firm brunch favourite when I go back to Canberra. Judging by the lines on any given weekend, I'd say it's also pretty damn popular with the locals.

Espresso

I've probably mentioned this before, but the coffee at The Cupping Room is either ordered with milk or black, no choice different varieties eg. latte, piccolo etc

Soul shake

This is honestly the best shake I've ever had. The vegan soul shake consisted of a fruity and refreshing blend of watermelon, lychee, coconut and chia. Usually I have a few sips of a shake and start feeling full, but this was so bloody good I had to refrain from finishing it in two seconds - fingers crossed this shake is a regular feature on their menu.

Salmon tartare

Crumbled haloumi burger

The salmon tartare comes with beetroot puree, a poached egg, creme fraiche with salmon roe and thin slices of crispbread. The haloumi burger comes with a batch of hot chips - can't go wrong with chips. I would've preferred the slice of haloumi to be less thick or pan fried instead.

The food is always consistently good and it's never too much of a wait for a table, despite the occasional long line.

The Cupping Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments :